The wellbeing of our patrons, artists, and staff is of utmost importance to us. Portland’5 Centers for the Arts will immediately follow Governor Brown's order banning...
Berio’s Sinfonia by Rose Bond - Cancelled
MARCH 12, 2020
The Oregon Symphony—in response to Oregon State Governor Kate Brown’s announcement this morning that all public gatherings and events with more than 250 people are to be cancelled for the next four weeks in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19—has cancelled all events scheduled at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall through April 6, 2020.
The following concerts have been cancelled:
- March 13: Open Music with Caroline Shaw (at Alberta Rose Theatre)
- March 14-16: Berio’s Sinfonia by Rose Bond
- March 19: Nas: Ilmatic – 25th Anniversary
- March 21–22: Prohibition Party
- April 4-6: Beethoven’s Ninth with the Oregon Symphony
All concerts and events beyond April 6 are currently proceeding as planned.
The following options are available for those who have already purchased tickets to cancelled concerts:
- Exchange tickets for any future 2019-20 Season performance. All exchange fees will be waived in this situation.
- Exchange tickets for a gift certificate, which can be used within one year of issue date.
- Donate tickets, and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value.
- Receive a refund for the value of the ticket.
All requests for ticket donations, exchanges, gift certificates, and refunds must be received by June 30, 2020.
The Oregon Symphony continues to closely monitor the evolving local and global COVID-10 (coronavirus) situation, and receives updates from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, Multnomah County and Oregon Health Authority.
For assistance, please contact the Oregon Symphony Box Office by phone at 503-228-1353, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at the Oregon Symphony Box Office located at 909 SW Washington Blvd. in Portland.
Carlos Kalmar, conductor
• Rose Bond, animator
* Roomful of Teeth, vocal ensemble
Wagner: Overture and Venusberg Music from Tannhäuser
* Caroline Shaw: Partita for 8 Voices
•* Berio: Sinfonia
A musico-cultural portrait of New York life in the late 1960s, Luciano Berio’s monumental Sinfonia is a bubbling crucible of sounds, styles, ideas, texts, and moods. Portland’s own award-winning media artist Rose Bond, whose previous collaboration with the Oregon Symphony packed the hall, returns to craft eye-popping animation to illuminate this epic music.
Tickets start at $24
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall : Upcoming Events
Comedian Ilana Glazer's appearance at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall on Saturday, March 28, 2020 is...
Stuff You Should Know at the Portland'5 Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall on Monday, March 30, 2020 is...
Oregon Symphony's Beethoven’s Ninth concert at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall is cancelled.
Michael Allen Harrison's 2020 Ten Grands concert at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall on April 11, 2020 is...
The Flaming Lips with the Oregon Symphony at tArlene Schnitzer Concert Hall on Monday, April 13, 2020 is...