Beginning March 12, 2022, requirements for entry will be determined by each performance.
Last Stop on Market Street
‘The song ended and CJ opened his eyes.
Everyone on the bus clapped, even the boys in back.
Nana glanced at the coin in CJ’s palm.
CJ dropped it in the man’s hat.
“Last stop on Market Street,” Mr. Dennis called.’
CJ and his Nana journey through familiar territory: their own neighborhood. CJ would rather be anywhere else, but from their seats on the Number 5 bus, Nana helps CJ realize that looks can be deceiving, everyone has a story to share, and that beauty can be found anywhere…if you know how to look for it.
A blend of hip-hop, Motown, gospel, and rap, this musical will have you off your seat and on your feet all the way to the last stop!
“New rap-infused musical Last Stop on Market Street by a Motown legend and his son is like Hamilton for kids.”—Minneapolis Star Tribune
The Big Ideas
Being thankful for what you have leads to happiness.
Appreciate and learn from the uniqueness of others instead of making assumptions.
Beauty can be found in unexpected places.
Recommended for ages 5 and up.
May 7–May 29, 2022
Saturdays at 2pm & 5pm (May 21 shows are cancelled)
*Sign Interpreted Saturday, May, 7th at 2pm
Sundays at 11am & 2pm
Runtime: 60 minutes
Revised OCT COVID policy (effective March 19):
- For patrons 5 years old and older, full vaccination (or doctor-administered negative test) will continue to be required. Masks are required while inside the venue.
- Unvaccinated Patrons who have just turned 5 and who have natural immunity from COVID-19 due to an infection in the past 90 days may provide a doctor’s note as proof of natural immunity.
- For patrons ages 2 to 4 years old, masks are required inside the performance venue. Testing is strongly recommended prior to attendance.
- There is no mask or test requirement for children under 2 years old.
- Schedule a test with Legacy GoHealth: https://www.gohealthuc.com/dte/legacy/oregon-childrens-theater
Please review full safety guidelines here.
This policy subject to change.
Newmark Theatre : Upcoming Events
Live Nation welcomes Dr. Andrew Huberman to the Portland'5 Newmark Theatre on Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at...
Oregon Children's Theatre presents the musical Last Stop on Market Street at the Portland'5...
AEG Presents welcomes poet/author Rupi Kaur to the Portland'5 Newmark Theatre on Thursday, May 26, 2022 at...
Oregon Ballet Theatre presents The Americans - Take Two at the Portland'5 Newmark Theatre June 3–11, 2022...
Oregon Ballet Theatre presents On Stage featuring OBT2 company dancers and students of the OBT School at...