Portland'5 hosts Portland visual artist Heather Goodwind's work, on display in Antoinette Hatfield Hall, through December.
A Song For Coretta
A Song for Coretta by Pearl Cleage is an inspiring tribute to Coretta Scott King (1927-2006). It tells the story of five Black women from different backgrounds waiting outside the Ebenezer Baptist Church with other mourners to pay their final respects to the late civil rights activist. The women share their situations and stories of Mrs. King’s influence and perseverance.
COVID-19 ATTENDANCE POLICY
Face masks are required for entry. Masks must completely cover nose and mouth. Gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable. If wearing a face mask that does not comply with Metro policy, Portland’5 will provide a face mask for patrons. Masks must be worn at all times except while eating or drinking for brief periods. Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted for eating or drinking – masks must be worn between bites and sips.
This policy is subject to change.
PassinArt is an African American producing theatre company whose “mission is to educate, entertain, and celebrate our culture while highlighting issues that impact the community.”
- To increase the visibility of emerging and experienced African American and multicultural artists, playwrights, and directors to collaborate and highlight their work.
- Provide an environment of respect and support for youth, adults, audiences that maintain an atmosphere of inclusiveness and nonsexual harassment.
- To provide access to quality yet affordable theatrical productions, staged readings, special cultural events, and workshops to include low-moderate community members.
- Provide a forum for artists and community members to connect through the medium as a catalyst for community dialogues regarding issues that impact African Americans and multicultural groups.
- Heighten the social and cultural awareness of audiences from an African American perspective.
- To provide interns and volunteer opportunities for youth and adults to learn the various aspects of theatre arts.
PassinArt produces three or more mainstage productions, theatrical workshops for youth and adults, staged readings, and unique cultural events in the Portland Metropolitan area. PassinArt will soon celebrate its 40 years of existence as the longest-producing African American theatre company in Oregon. We pass on art, history, and culture from one generation to another.
Brunish Theatre : Upcoming Events
PassinArt: A Theatre Company presents Langston Hughes' Black Nativity at the Portland'5 Brunish...
Porltand Revels presents Brave Night: A Children’s Celebration of Light in the Brunish Theatre...