Beginning March 12, 2022, requirements for entry will be determined by each performance.
“If life were everything it should be, it would be more like HAIRSPRAY. It’s irresistible!” – The New York Times
You Can’t Stop the Beat! HAIRSPRAY, Broadway’s Tony Award-winning musical comedy phenomenon is back on tour! Join 16-year-old Tracy Turnblad in 1960’s Baltimore as she sets out to dance her way onto TV’s most popular show. Can a girl with big dreams (and even bigger hair) change the world?
Featuring the beloved score of hit songs including “Welcome to the 60’s,” “Good Morning Baltimore” and “You Can’t Stop the Beat,” HAIRSPRAY is “fresh, winning, and deliriously tuneful!” (The New York Times).
This all-new touring production reunites Broadway’s award-winning creative team led by Director Jack O’Brien and Choreographer Jerry Mitchell to bring HAIRSPRAY to a new generation of theater audiences. The HAIRSPRAY company is led by Andrew Levitt aka Nina West (from “RuPaul’s Drag Race”) as Edna Turnblad.
Don’t miss this “exhilaratingly funny and warm-hearted musical comedy” (The New Yorker).
COVID-19 TICKET HOLDER RISKS AND POLICIES
Broadway in Portland’s top priority continues to be the safety of our audiences, artists, volunteers, staff, and the community.
- Broadway in Portland strongly encourages and recommends when attending a performance, that all audience members wear a mask over their nose and mouth. We ask that all audience members be respectful of each other’s choices.
- It is common knowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending Broadway in Portland events, all staff, crew, performers, company members, and audience members voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Please note that dates, programming, artists, ticket policies, donor benefits, and COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements are subject to ongoing change or cancellation.
- We will reassess our COVID-19 policy on an ongoing basis. We reserve the right to change, adopt and enforce safety measures as needed. We will proactively communicate any change in health protocols with advance notice.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, we request that you do not attend any performances.
ASL (American Sign Language) interpretation is available for the 7:30pm performance on Thursday, March 30, 2023.
Purchase ASL seating tickets online or call the Portland’5 Box Office: 503-248-4335. Ticket on-sale date to be announced.
Open captioning is available for the 6:30pm performance on Sunday, April 2, 2023.
Purchase open caption seating tickets online or call the Portland’5 Box Office: 503-248-4335. Ticket on-sale date to be announced.
Audio description is available for the 7:30pm performance on Friday, March 31, 2023.
Patrons who wish to listen to the audio description may pick up a headset free-of-charge, on a first-come, first-served basis, with ID from the Coat Checkroom at Keller Auditorium.
Keller Auditorium : Upcoming Events
Oregon Ballet Theatre presents their joyful fall program Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Portland'5 Keller...
Broadway in Portland presents Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird at Keller Auditorium October 18–...
Portland Opera presents Carmen at the Portland'5 Keller Auditorium November 5–13, 2022, as part...
Broadway in Portland presents the new musical JAGGED LITTLE PILL at the Portland'5 Keller...
Elite Entertainment Group presents comedian Brincos Dieras at the Portland'5 Keller Auditorium on Saturday...