Beginning March 12, 2022, requirements for entry will be determined by each performance.
Oregon 2022 Lunar New Year Celebration
Plus Visual Art Exhibit, Craft Workshop & Performances
Chinese Friendship Association of Portland (CFAP) is a non-profit organization, serving the local community. CFAP organizes multiple education and culture focused events all year long, with their most popular event being the annual Lunar New Year (LNY) Celebration Gala.
This year will be the second time that the LNY celebration is held in Keller Auditorium. It will be the first time that multiple Asian communities and other communities come together to celebrate LNY. The performances will be stunning, including a two-time Guinness World Record holder performing acrobatics, professional and award-winning singing stars, international Wushu champions performing their best routines, and a variety of culture performances by well-known groups and individuals. There will also be art exhibits by well-known visual artists and craft workshops by popular culture organizations including portrait drawing on site.
Art & craft activities begin when doors open at 5pm. Performances begin at 7pm and run through 9pm.
- Acrobatics – Lina Liu, two-time Guinness World Record holder with performance experience in nine countries, NBA halftime entertainment since 2019.
- Professional singer and winner of imitation of Chinese Singing star Aaron Kwok
- Routines from Wushu international champions
- Ballet performance from Oregon International Ballet Academy
- A variety cultural performance by well-known individuals, popular local culture performing groups, and other well-known Asian and Hispanic performing groups
Art & Culture
- Art and calligraphy exhibit by well-known calligraphers and visual artists
- Craft workshops by popular local cultural organization
- Art & craft activities begin at 5pm. Performances begin at 7pm and run through 9pm.
Ticket Prices: $20, $25, $35, $40, $50 (service charges apply).
Group discount with 20+ tickets purchased. For group ticket purchase, please contact: email@example.com
- Chinese Friendship Association of Portland
- Intel Chinese Employee Network
- Multnomah County Health Dept.
- Carina Liu BHHSHW Real Estate Broker in WA & OR
- Lecare Pharmacy
- Art & Craft Exhibition Co-organizers:
Oregon Chinese Artists Association
This event is also proudly supported by Fred W. Fields Fund of Oregon Community Foundation.
UPDATED COVID-19 ATTENDANCE POLICY
All ticket holders, regardless of age, are required to show proof of full COVID vaccination or a negative test result (within 72 hours) from a healthcare provider for entry into the theatre. “Fully vaccinated” means that ticket holders have received their final vaccination dose of either the two-dose regimen of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of Johnson & Johnson at least 14 days before your performance date. Be sure to have your ID with you as well.
Also, in accordance with state and local guidelines, face masks are required for entry. Masks must completely cover nose and mouth. Gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable. If wearing a face mask that does not comply with Metro policy, Portland’5 will provide a face mask for patrons. Masks must be worn at all times except while eating or drinking for brief periods. Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted for eating or drinking – masks must be worn between bites and sips.
This policy is subject to change. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Update page.
Keller Auditorium : Upcoming Events
Oregon Ballet Theatre presents their joyful fall program Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Portland'5 Keller...
Broadway in Portland presents Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird at Keller Auditorium October 18–...
Portland Opera presents Carmen at the Portland'5 Keller Auditorium November 5–13, 2022, as part...
Broadway in Portland presents the new musical JAGGED LITTLE PILL at the Portland'5 Keller...
Elite Entertainment Group presents comedian Brincos Dieras at the Portland'5 Keller Auditorium on Saturday...